Growing up, my lunchbox contents managed to cause years of ridicule from classmates who had 'normal' sandwich
In my tiffin would be dishes like dhal tadka, coconut rice, cauliflower paratha and gulgula (deep fried banana/sultanas/flour/sugar which looked like poo but was amazing).
One of my favourite side dishes was turmeric okra. I saw okra in the supermarket today and had to pick some up to make this dish for myself. Some really don't like okra due to its 'gooey' insides (I don't mind a bit of goo). So, I don't recommend making this dish if you don't like okra to begin with.
So, here is a super easy recipe to make turmeric okra!
What you will need
- Olive oil
- Himalayan pink rock salt
- Okra (as many as you want to eat)
What to do
- Heat about 2-3 table spoons of oil in a large saucepan
- Cut all of the okra in halves
- On a small plate, add some turmeric (2 tablespoons to start) and pinches of salt - roughly mix them together
- Get an okra half and press it on the turmeric mix
- Place on the saucepan with the turmeric side face down on the oil
- Cook till brown and slightly crispy
Tip: You can play around with different mixes. I keep it SUPER simple with just turmeric and salt...but you can add other spices such as chilli, paprika, cumin, garam masala etc.
|This is all you need!|
|Get enough turmeric on the whole okra - but not too much.|
|Fry until crispy|