EDIT: Since changing my blog name the picture watermark links are kind of irrelevant...but I can't be bothered updating them!
My husband is always asking for treats which are yummy but have high protein content - so, I had to find him something which was of course vegan, easy to make (as I am lazy) and delicious!
A friend sent him a recipe of raw protein balls and I copied the recipe exactly, but it turned out terrible. It was dry, gross and boring...so, I made some adjustments and do believe I have created the *perfect* choc protein ball. It is, however not totally raw. To make this you will need a good food processor.
I don't normally 'do' recipes...I just chuck things together and hope for the best or know how much of something to use by guessing..but I have tried my best to describe the required quantities to make this!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 250-300gms of regular (preferably organic) almonds
- 14 fresh pitted dates
- 1/4 cup Goji Berries
- 1 tablespoon of Maca Powder
- 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder
- 2 tablespoons of Loving Earth drinking chocolate powder or cacao powder
- 3 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 2-3 tablespoons of soymilk (please note, you will need to keep adding soymilk to achieve desired consistency)
- Desiccated coconut for rolling the balls in
- OPTIONAL: 1 tablespoon vegan honey, 2 tablespoons walnuts
WHAT TO DO
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients except coconut. Add more milk in if it seems too course/dry or the blades aren't spinning around properly.
- Form into balls
- Roll balls in the desiccated coconut
- Put balls onto a plate, into the fridge and leave for 30 mins before eating
Mix all ingredients in food processor
This is a good consistency to get the mixture to. It doesn't have to be completely smooth.
Roll into balls and cover in desiccated coconut