Sunday, October 25, 2009

Calling for the divinity to prevail!!

Hi everyone

My friend Tom sent me an article about how South Africa are wanting to slaughter ten cows to 'bless' the ten stadiums for the World Cup.

Mkiva states, "We must have a cultural ceremony of some sort, where we are going to slaughter a beast. We sacrifice the cow for this great achievement and we call on our ancestors to bless, to grace, to ensure that all goes well. It's all about calling for the divinity to prevail for a fantastic atmosphere,”

The whole thing baffles me. How can humans consider the slaughter of an innocent animal be a method to call upon the divine? How can we be so void of rational thought or compassion that we fail to see what we are really doing?

I say these South African officials need to go buy some FRY's Chicken Schnitzels or Sanitarium Hot Dogs and have a BBQ! I am sure that would generate more delusional blessings than their cow slaughter ;)

No comments: